We are currently looking for a new colleague to work as “Bioenergy Statistics Analyst” within the Market Intelligence Department
The European Biomass Association AEBIOM is recruiting an Intern to work on bioenergy statistics and market analysis. Founded in 1990, AEBIOM is a nonprofit, Brussels-based international organization active at EU level. AEBIOM’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy, and ensure favorable business conditions for its members. AEBIOM holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector (bioheat, bioelectricity and biofuels) and brings together approximately 30 national bioenergy associations and 80 private-sector companies from all over Europe and beyond. More information on www.aebiom.org.
- Collection of statistics needed for the next issue of the AEBIOM statistical report due in October 2017. Updating existing data series but also collecting original data by contacting many stakeholders. http://www.aebiom.org/library/statistical-reports/
- Providing a significant support to the other AEBIOM´s departments by analysing technical and numerical data useful to support AEBIOM´s actions in policy and communication.
Competencies and skills
- Background in forest and/or bioenergy (fuel, combustion processes, etc.) (prerequisite)
- Fluent in English both written and spoken (prerequisite)
- Strong analytical skills and numerical reasoning.
- Experienced user of Excel
- Autonomy, self-organisation, reliability
- Highly developed team spirit
- Full-time equivalent internship based in Brussels starting in August 2017.
- 6 months fixed term contract under Belgian law (contrat d’insertion professionnelle). Salary: 800 EUR/month net. Possibility to continue afterwards with an employee’s contract.
- Friendly working environment.
For this position, candidates must have a EU work permit. If you are interested, please apply HERE before June 15th, 2017. Due to the high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels on the 27th of June. For all your questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com.