We currently have 1 vacancy.
EPC Communications Officer
AEBIOM (The European Biomass Association) is recruiting a Communications Officer to support the development at EU level of one of its networks, the European Pellet Council (EPC).
Founded in 2010, EPC aims at representing the interests of the wood pellet sector and at ensuring its sustainable development at European level. EPC members are made up of 18 national pellet associations and related organisations from 17 countries and 4 observing members.
More information at: www.aebiom.org
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will work within AEBIOM’s communications team and in close relation with the EPC team to develop the visibility of the network and increase the understanding around wood pellets at European level. As the network Communications Officer you will also act internally as a liaison point between the Brussels headquarters and national associations.
You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Events management: AEBIOM/EPC organise different types of conferences and workshops throughout the year. Uou will assist the communications team in their organisation. This could include the development of related communication materials and databases, the research and contact of relevant speakers or the acquisition of and follow up with potential sponsors;
- Communication Campaign support: As AEBIOM/EPC will launch a new communication campaign in 2017, you will be closely involved in its development – focusing on the promotion of wood pellets;
- Content editing: you will be in charge of developing various types of material promoting wood pellets, ranging from articles and PRs to designing visualsand preparing video support material;
- Website/Social media management: As EPC is currently redeploying its digital strategy, you will be in charge of developing the visibility of its new web platform together with managing its social media communities.
Internal Communication tasks:
- Internal Meeting preparation: you will edit and distribute a variety of electronic and hard-copy internal communications documents showcasing internal events and their outcomes;
- Communication support to members: you will participate in the creation of presentation materials, including slide decks, talking points, and speeches used to promote and communicate on wood pellets;
- Partnership policy establishment: you will establish, alongside EPC members, event partnerships in order to promote EPC actions to the relevant bioenergy stakeholders.
Competencies and skills
- Degree in Communications, journalism or a related field;
- Technical background or relevant experience within the wood pellet industry will also be considered;
- Previous experience in communications/public relations is desirable as well as a good knowledge of bioenergy, forestry and/or wood pellet industry;
- Being a “digital native” able to handle databases, monitoring, social media and/or website management tools;
- A good knowledge of Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator/Photoshop Premiere and/or InDesign in particular) is mandatory; Do not hesitate to send examples of you work along with your application;
- Good writing/editing skills (press releases, brochures, leaflets, other communications activities and marketing collaterals);Team player, with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable;
- Willing to carry out a great variety of tasks/solution oriented;
- As the position will include direct contacts with Members, Sponsors, EU officials, the ideal candidate should feel confident expressing her/himself orally;
- Full professional proficiency in English is mandatory, knowledge of other languages – especially German and French – represents an additional asset.
What we offer
- 6 months internship or one year fixed term contract under the Belgian law, depending on experience;
- Starting mid-February;
- A friendly, dynamic and international working environment in the hearth of the European district;
- An educating and rewarding communications experience. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to have a global understanding of the wide range of communication dynamics p within an intentional organisation like AEBIOM.
If you are interested, please apply HERE before January 31th, 2017. Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.