We are currently recruiting:
- Office Manager
- Communications Assistant
AEBIOM is currently recruiting a full-time Office Manager. The position oversees all administrative and secretarial aspects of the association including managing daily relations with members, accountancy supervision, and all social secretariat aspects. The ideal candidate should be able to anticipate needs, provide information in a timely manner and solve issues as proactively as possible. As you will play a key role in the association, candidates should be highly organised, use discretion and take initiative.
Founded in 1990, AEBIOM is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. AEBIOM’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and insure favourable business conditions for its members. AEBIOM holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector (bioheat, bioelectricity and biofuels) and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe and beyond. More information on www.aebiom.org.
You will work alongside AEBIOM’s Secretary-General and interact regularly with all AEBIOM departments and staff. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Serve as key contact between members and AEBIOM
- Affiliation and disaffiliation procedure
- Maintain an accurate database of our members’ contact details, as well as a database of potential members
- Provide excellent service to current and potential members and ensure a smooth onboarding for new members
- Design and implement AEBIOM membership policy in close relation with AEBIOM’s Departments.
- Office Management and Administration:
- Welcome visitors, deliveries, post and other correspondence
- Book travel arrangements for the AEBIOM team and board members
- Screen and monitor all mail/phone enquiries and requests
- Manage agendas (planning and organising appointments and meetings)
- Responsible for the functioning of the office: purchase of office supplies and needed materials
- Finding and managing relations and negotiations with suppliers (accountant, landlord, venues, catering, etc.)
- Coordinate IT matters with our external service provider
- Prepare documentations for Statutory meetings
- Statutory company filings (Moniteur belge, EP badges, Statutes, etc.)
- Document management (contracts, EU projects)
- Support the organisation of events and meetings (material preparation, logistic planning, onsite support, etc.)
- Finance & Human Resources:
- HR support to the Secretary-General
- Responsible for the payment of invoices and record of all payments
- Responsible for issuing of invoices: members, events, sponsorship, ENplus certification, etc.
- Debtors management
- Working on a regular basis with AEBIOM’s accountant, providing all necessary details for accounting and tax purpose
Competencies and Skills
- Fluent in English and French both written and spoken (prerequisite)
- Bachelor or higher in human resources, accountability, office management or business administration.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, WordPress, and CRM
- Work experience in office management in an international organisation is a plus
- Candidate is autonomous, highly organised, takes initiative, and reliable
- Ability to multi-task and handle confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people
- Full-time equivalent contract based in Brussels starting in March 2018.
- 6 months internship or one year fixed term contract under the Belgian law, depending on experience. Then longer contract duration is foreseen.
- Friendly and international working environment
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV and application letter in one single PDF via this online form as soon as possible and the latest by the 25th February.
Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels in February/March.
Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified.
The European Biomass Association (AEBIOM) is recruiting a Communications Assistant to support the daily work of the communications department and to implement the communication strategy of one of its networks, IBTC (the International Biomass Torrefaction Council).
Founded in 1990, AEBIOM is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. AEBIOM’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business conditions for its members. AEBIOM holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.aebiom.org.
You will work within the communication team of AEBIOM under the direct supervision of the communications director, with much interactivity with all AEBIOM staff members and the IBTC manager to guarantee consistent and effective communications both externally and internally. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Content management: You will assist the communications team in deploying the communications strategy of IBTC. This will include updating the IBTC website and intranet, the preparation of newsletters, Q&A factsheets on torrefaction, web articles and support in the organisation of internal/external workshops;
- Graphic design: You will provide support in the creation of visual solutions for our external communication efforts. This will involve the development of various materials for print, web, social media and, either from concept-to-completion or as an extension to an existing campaign.
- Database management: You will assist the AEBIOM communications team in the development of its CRM/ERP by structuring and qualifying its databases. You will be responsible for sending targeted mailing campaigns.
- Event management: Throughout the year AEBIOM is organising international events. You will assist the AEBIOM event manager in the preparation of various external workshops, internal workings groups and conferences such as the European Bioenergy Future.
Competencies and skills
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- First proven experience in institutional communications
- Good understanding of the European media and the political landscape
- Have an interest in renewables/bioenergy/forestry/agriculture issues
- A “digital native” able to handle databases, monitoring social media and/or website management tools
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects) is an asset for the position
- Team player with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable
- Ability to produce clear and persuasive content that is audience-friendly
- Ability to work in an international/multicultural environment
- Near-native command of spoken and written English, knowledge of other languages – especially German and French – represent an asset;
What we offer
- Full-time equivalent internship based in Brussels starting in mid-March 2018.
- 6-month fixed term contract under the Belgian law (Contrat d’Insertion Professionnelle). Salary: 800 EUR/month net.
- Friendly and dynamic working environment
- A real training internship, where the selected candidate will gain a broad vision of communications tools and techniques at European level.
If you are interested, apply via the online application form before 28th February 2018. Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels in early March. Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified per email/Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.