|Date:||07/06/2017 - 08/06/2017|
10 reasons to join the “14th International Conference of the European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA)”
Cologne (Germany), 7 – 8 June 2017
- Industrial Hemp delivers a remarkable global performance and attracts more and more investments.
- Hemp is a multi-purpose crop, a biorefinery by nature, delivering fibres, shives, seeds and pharmaceuticals at the same time.
- Currently, the fibre is used for light weight papers, insulation material and biocomposites, mainly for automotive applications.
- The shives, the woody inner core of the stem, are used for animal bedding and construction.
- Hemp seeds, small nuts with a high nutritional value, can be consumed raw or pressed into hemp seed oil, which has an excellent and unique fatty acid profile. Both seeds and oil are used for human food and animal feed.
- The non-psychotropic Cannabinoid CBD is an interesting pharmaceutical material and food supplement ingredient also derived from industrial hemp. The Cannabinoid THC makes career in the pharmaceutical industry, dozens of countries have already legalised the medical use of THC.
- The cultivation area in the European Union increased continuously from 1994 (ca. 8,000 ha) to more than 33,000 ha in 2016 (the largest area since the second world war). We see similar developments in Canada and China. In the USA, the cultivation of industrial hemp will start in 2018.
- The conference is the worldwide meeting point for the international hemp industry and the biggest event on industrial hemp worldwide.
- 190 participants from 40 countries have already registered (www.eiha-conference.org/tnlist). More than 250 participants and 20 exhibitors are expected (additional booths available at www.eiha-conference.org/exhibitorinfo).
- 70% of the participants are from the industry.
- Established for 14 years – don’t miss this opportunity to network with the pioneers and market leaders and to grow your business.
- Face-to-face meetings through a professional online match-making tool.
- Meet your business partners at the festive gala dinner.
- Top presentations you never saw before (full programme at www.eiha-conference.org/programme)