What are the different membership categories?
In AEBIOM, there are 2 categories of membership: Full and Associated Members. They have different election and decision rights in the governance of AEBIOM (General Assembly, Steering Committee and Board). Full Members elect the President and the Board Directors.
Full Member (FM) affiliation is open to all national bioenergy and renewable associations.
Associated Member (AM) affiliation is open to all organisations which are not eligible to become full member:
- Sectoral associations (pellet, biogas, miscanthus, etc.)
- Research centers
- Government institutions
- Consultancy firms
- Public authorities
Who are AEBIOM Members?
AEBIOM members are representatives of the all the bioenergy value chain and come from more than 32 different countries:
- Biomass producer
- Biomass trader
- Equipment provider
- Energy producer
- Boiler/Stove manufacturer
- Services provider
- RES producer
- Finance & investment
Some AEBIOM members are also members of AEBIOM’s networks: the European Pellet Council (EPC) and the International Biomass Torrefaction Council (IBTC).
What is the membership fees structure?
All national bioenergy, renewable energy, pellets or sectorial associations.
|A1 – All national bioenergy associations (=Full Members).
A2 – All national renewable energy associations (=Full Members).
A3 – All national pellets associations.
A4 – All other national sectoral associations.
|4 % of total membership fees
with a minimum of 1.000,00 EUR and a maximum of 10.000,00 EUR
All companies willing to support the work of AEBIOM in the bioenergy sector.
|C1 – Companies with a bioenergy turnover < 5 Million €)||1.000,00 €|
|C2 – Companies with a bioenergy turnover < 25 Million €)||2.000,00 €|
|C3 – Companies with a bioenergy turnover < 50 Million €)||4.000,00 €|
|C4 – Companies with a bioenergy turnover < 100 Million €)||8.000,00 €|
|C5 – Companies with a bioenergy turnover > 100 Million €)||16.000,00 €|
3. Academic and Research Institutions
All universities, institute and research institutions.
|Flat rate||1.000,00 €|
*Displayed fees are VAT excluded.
** Starting in 2018, the fees will be indexed based on Belgian Index, including the minimum and maximum.
***Extra services: members can initiate a Task Force within AEBIOM and the Secretariat will help to work out objectives, a work plan and a budget. The fees for this service are flexible depending on the expected budget and number of financing partners.
What are the terms and conditions?
All terms and conditions regarding the following points are available here.
- Members categories
- Membership fees
- Membership rights and obligations
- Termination of membership
What is the application process?
- Identify your membership category and your fees;
- Have a look at the terms & conditions;
- Complete the application form accordingly with your organisation’s contact details and other practical information;
- AEBIOM Secretariat will confirm the good reception of your application and will check if it is clear and complete;
- AEBIOM Secretariat will submit it to the Board of Directors for validation;
- AEBIOM Secretariat will come back to you with the Board decision and all relevant information about AEBIOM membership.
AEBIOM’s networks membership: who are EPC and IBTC members?
Members of the European Pellet Council (EPC) and of the International Biomass Torrefaction Council (IBTC) are also members of AEBIOM. Indeed the condition to join IBTC or EPC networks is to apply first to become AEBIOM member.
- EPC members are national pellet associations or related organisations.
- IBTC members are European and international companies developing biomass torrefaction technology, pellet /briquette machine manufacturers, the technical division of the utilities and national or sectorial associations as well as other bodies or groups dedicated to the promotion of the use of torrefied biomass.
Who is your point of contact for all your questions?
If you have any question regarding the costs, the benefits, the projects or files that AEBIOM is currently following, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Membership & Office Manager
+32 2 318 41 00